Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waterfront Predators


After our visit yesterday Jim rode back down to the waterfront with camera in hand and Stout on leash. I was in the Jeffords building on the UVM campus absorbing information from multiple biological studies presented by my lab students. While I am veritably happy about the novel knowledge I acquired during my hours of presentations (I am now considering becoming infected by a parasitic eukaryote that can reduce anxiety levels in humans), I am regretful I missed being at the waterfront with Jim. Curiosity about the mink led him down to the water and his trip was unusually fortuitous. He saw not only one mink, but two, and the encore of the wildlife viewing affair was an affable otter bathing, sunning and eating perch! Oh well, maybe next time.




No comments: