Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Morning Light at Smugglers Notch Resort


Winter finally arrived over the past few days.  We've been waiting for colder temps and now we've got them, I heard it may have been -20°F on the peak of Madonna Mountain this morning.  It's not easy to get out of a warm bed on a day like today; however, I knew that the combination of fresh snow, cold temps, clouds and sunshine would result in a beautiful morning.  I headed for the hill dressed in as many layers I could find.  The frozen hands I endured was worth it to capture these images.


 
Mount Mansfield and Stowe Resort from the M1 chairlift.





Camel's Hump and Sugarbush from the top of Drifter.

Hopefully my next post will involve some action shots of friends choking on mouthful's of fluffy snow! Check back soon!

3 comments:

michelle mercier said...

nice picks! I like seeing the white stuff. Hopefully we can get together for some skiing this yr. thanks!

ddinpa said...

Beautiful Pictures. Dad wishes he could be there

Jim said...

Thanks!